What a race

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

What a race

Post by Hawks86 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:21 pm

I just saw this article from the Chronicle
MSU's Patrick Casey, UM's Lynn Reynolds treat cross country fans to rarity

By WILL C. HOLDEN Chronicle Sports Writer

Dale Kennedy is not really familiar with photography.

After all, the head coach of the Montana State cross country team coaches distances runners, not sprinters.

In his line of work, things aren't always pretty and you rarely need anything but a pair of eyes and a spot near the finish line to determine who wins a race. But on Saturday at the MSU-Fleet Feet Cross Country Invitational, fans were treated to a little something extra and race officials had to get comfortable with a camera.

Two sophomores - Montana State's Patrick Casey and Montana's Lynn Reynolds - made sure of that
The high school foes turned college arch rivals were neck-and-neck all race long and nothing changed at the finish line. The official times, determined after examining the photo finish, were less a second apart.

Casey: 24:54. Reynolds 24:55.

"What a great show those two put on," Kennedy said. "They were stride-for-stride, taking turns pushing it the whole way. That was one of the finest individual collegiate cross country performances that you'll see."
http://www.bozemandailychronicle.com/bo ... sscountry/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."