Best of Luck to Volleyball Team This Season

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

bpcats
Member # Retired

Best of Luck to Volleyball Team This Season

Post by bpcats » Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:24 pm

Best wishes to the Lady Cats.

Sarah Schaub has done a good job of building this program back up from scratch and hopefully they can make some noise in the conference this year. They enter the toughest part of turning a program around, they have the talent on the team and now just have learn how to win each night and believe in each other.

BearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Best of Luck to Volleyball Team This Season

Post by BearCat » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:20 am

bpcats wrote:Best wishes to the Lady Cats.

Sarah Schaub has done a good job of building this program back up from scratch and hopefully they can make some noise in the conference this year. They enter the toughest part of turning a program around, they have the talent on the team and now just have learn how to win each night and believe in each other.
Really? How? I've seen nothing but the same old same old since the Mia era. They just went 0-4 at a tournament again and show no signs of improvement. Time for Sarah to go.

Sincerely, Avid Griz & Bobcat Fan!

mtcatsfan
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by mtcatsfan » Thu Sep 22, 2011 3:58 pm

I have to be honest and say that I just never thought she was ready to coach at this level (and yes, I realize we aren't Stanford or Texas or Nebraska, but still...) I do give big kudos for getting the team back on track academically, but going back 2005-2010 we are 41-124 overall and 16-76 in conference play. Best season was 2005 where we went 15-14 overall and 7-6 in conference. So far in 2011, we are 0-12 overall and 0-2 conference - and, out of those 12 matches, we went 0-3 in six of them. Now, I realize all of their games so far have been on the road but there has got to be some tick marks in the win column soon, especially in the conference lineup. So, I do wish them luck - they are at home this weekend...hope they come out with some wins!!

BearCat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by BearCat » Mon Sep 26, 2011 1:34 am

No wins. Another 2 losses.

Time for Schaub to go......even tho she has done such a great job of turning the program around. :roll:

Sincerely, Avid Griz & Bobcat Fan!

bcats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by bcats » Mon Sep 26, 2011 2:07 am

This is getting out of hand. I don't know what is going on with the volleyball program but I would think we should be able to compete with most programs. I could be way wrong here but I always felt like Shroyer was a nice home court advantage and that our facilities were certainly up to par with anyone in the Big Sky. Are we not getting the recruits or what? This needs to be fixed. I hate to see any program suffer they way MSU has over the last few years. What is going on?

"Don't give up, don't ever give up." Jimmy V

Just my opinion-- Byron Stulc