Lady Bobcats beat SAC State in 5!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Lady Bobcats beat SAC State in 5!

Post by Joe Bobcat » Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:12 pm

Tremendous match tonight for the Bobcat ladies tonight!
SAC 26 27 21 25 15
MSU 28 25 25 18 17

That is one of the biggest wins of the season. SAC was positioned to clinch 1st place but will have to wait and the Cats were tied for 2nd and are now in 2nd by themselves and could end up 1st with a win and help in the final matches of the season on Saturday. At least that's the way I think it sits.

Edit to say that it appears there is a 4 way tie for first between the Cats, Sac, unc, Wsu all with a conference record of 12 - 4
Don't quote me on that.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

nevadacat
Member # Retired

Re: Lady Bobcats beat SAC State in 5!

Post by nevadacat » Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:42 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:12 pm
SAC 26 27 21 25 15
MSU 28 25 25 18 17

That is one of the biggest wins of the season. SAC was positioned to clinch 1st place but will have to wait and the Cats were tied for 2nd and are now in 2nd by themselves and could end up 1st with a win and help in the final matches of the season on Saturday. At least that's the way I think it sits.

Edit to say that it appears there is a 4 way tie for first between the Cats, Sac, unc, Wsu all with a conference record of 12 - 4
Don't quote me on that.
Haven’t looked at tie breakers, but here is how it stands and could end up for the eight who are in the tourney.

SAC 12-3 vs UM
MSU 11-4 vs PSU
WEB 11-4 vs UNC
UNC 11-4 vs WEB
PSU 9-6 vs MSU
UM 7-8 vs SAC
ISU 6-9 vs NAU
EWU 5-10 vs UI

Cats could tie for 1st (3-way) with a win and a Sac loss. One of Weber and UNC will finish 12-4 and one 11-5. Cats would finish at worst tied for third. As much as it hurts, need to pull for the gris tomorrow.

Again, not taking the time to look at all the permutations and tie-breakers, we could end up playing any of EWU, UM, PSU, or ISU in the first round of the tourney. Top 4 and bottom 4 are definite.

...for today we raise, the BLUE and GOLD to wave victorious!... GO CATS GO!

CatBot
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by CatBot » Fri Nov 17, 2023 9:54 am

nevadacat wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 8:42 am
Joe Bobcat wrote:
Thu Nov 16, 2023 11:12 pm
SAC 26 27 21 25 15
MSU 28 25 25 18 17

Don't quote me on that.
Haven’t looked at tie breakers, but here is how it stands and could end up for the eight who are in the tourney.

SAC 12-3 vs UM
MSU 11-4 vs PSU
WEB 11-4 vs UNC
UNC 11-4 vs WEB
PSU 9-6 vs MSU
UM 7-8 vs SAC
ISU 6-9 vs NAU
EWU 5-10 vs UI

Cats could tie for 1st (3-way) with a win and a Sac loss. One of Weber and UNC will finish 12-4 and one 11-5. Cats would finish at worst tied for third. As much as it hurts, need to pull for the gris tomorrow.

Again, not taking the time to look at all the permutations and tie-breakers, we could end up playing any of EWU, UM, PSU, or ISU in the first round of the tourney. Top 4 and bottom 4 are definite.
We only played Weber once and beat them. Odd scheduling in VB, but whatever. That should give us the edge for the #2 seed if both teams finish in a tie for 2nd (Cats, Weber, and SAC win).

I'm also not sure how the tie break would go with a 3-way tie for 1st (Cats and gris win). Looks complicated. Although it seems we benefit from Weber winning in any of the possibilities. Go Weber. Go gris.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 3:00 pm

Awesome! MSU has never won the Big Sky regular season or tournament championship in volleyball, so this could be a truly historic season. MSU has beaten all of the other top 4 teams this year, so they'll definitely be confident heading into tournament play.

DMMDCats
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by DMMDCats » Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:16 pm

That was so fun to watch last night.

I went to the match at Sac, they got smoked down there. I didn’t think the Cats had a chance. Glad I was wrong.

Great match.

Thank ladies,
Thank coach

11-1 at home

That’s for sure,
That’s for dang sure!

thefrank1
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by thefrank1 » Fri Nov 17, 2023 5:47 pm

I'm a casual volleyball fan but I really appreciate the way Matt describes his interactions with the team and his results. Go Cats!

While registering my vehicles the assessor stated "I have had both Cat and Griz students and alums work for me and the Griz end up working under the direction of the Cats."

tetoncat
Member # Retired

Post by tetoncat » Fri Nov 17, 2023 6:31 pm

DMMDCats wrote:
Fri Nov 17, 2023 4:16 pm
That was so fun to watch last night.

I went to the match at Sac, they got smoked down there. I didn’t think the Cats had a chance. Glad I was wrong.

Great match.

Thank ladies,
Thank coach

11-1 at home

On ESPN + it didn't seem like a big crowd considering we were playing #1team.

Sports is not bigger than life