MSU Students--Join the Student Bobcat Club Today!!

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

Bobcat Club
New Recruit

MSU Students--Join the Student Bobcat Club Today!!

Post by Bobcat Club » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:41 am

Bobcat Club Mission Statement
The Montana State University Bobcat Club's primary focus is to secure funds for athletic scholarships for student-athletes and to promote academic success, athletic excellence, and the betterment of Montana State University as a whole.

Why wait to graduate to support Bobcat Athletics, join the Student Bobcat Club!
The Student Bobcat Club is entering its second year of giving Montana State Students an affordable way to show their support for MSU Athletics. The Student Bobcat Club is a social club dedicated to provided its members with activities and benefits to enjoy throughout the school year while having fun supporting MSU Athletics...and all without any required meetings or time commitments. Your $25 donation grants you the following benefits:
  • Club T-Shirt
  • Membership Card
  • 10% Discount at the following businesses:
    • Baskin Robbins
    • Burger Bob's
    • Columbo's Pizza
    • The Galaxy
    • Gandolfo's Deli
    • Homepage Cafe
    • Junga Juice
    • MSU Bookstore
    • Universal Athletics
Don't Miss Out!
Last year 734 MSU students made the Student Bobcat Club a great first year success, now is your chance to help us hit our goal of bringing the Student Bobcat Club to over 1000 members in '08-'09.

Student Bobcat Club Brochure and Application

Please call or email us if you have any questions:
phone: (406) 994-3743
email: bobcatclub@msubobcats.com

Bobcat Club

PLEASE NOTE!
This account is used solely for the purpose of Bobcat Club announcements. Please do not PM this account. If you wish to contact the Bobcat Club, please use the email or website links for this account.

TIrwin24
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Re: MSU Students--Join the Student Bobcat Club Today!!

Post by TIrwin24 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:14 pm

As far as this year is concerned, there's no incentive to join.

Last year, secured Cat/jizz tickets were the main reason anybody joined up and paid 25 bucks. And is 10% really the best these BZN businesses can do?

Let's say we use 10% off a meal for two people and we assume that it costs anywhere around 20 bucks...That's going out to eat around 12 times to semi expensive restaurants to just offset the 25 bucks... It is something that us college students really cannot afford.

Give us a good incentive and you'll get your members.

(Steps off soapbox now)

"I've always followed in my father's footsteps, not necessarily because I wanted to, but because it is in my spirit."

-Singlefin Yellow

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:10 pm

TIrwin24 wrote:As far as this year is concerned, there's no incentive to join.

Last year, secured Cat/jizz tickets were the main reason anybody joined up and paid 25 bucks. And is 10% really the best these BZN businesses can do?

Let's say we use 10% off a meal for two people and we assume that it costs anywhere around 20 bucks...That's going out to eat around 12 times to semi expensive restaurants to just offset the 25 bucks... It is something that us college students really cannot afford.

(Steps off soapbox now)
You forgot to factor in the value of the t-shirt ... if your personal cost/benefit analysis is strictly a dollar-based measure.

I think the larger reason to join is to support the Bobcat athletic programs. I understand that money is tight for college students (I remember well), but since the point of being in the Bobcat club isn't really supposed to be about getting more value than what you paid for, it should be a matter of trying to find that extra $25 in one's budget to give to help contribute to the success of Bobcat athletics. Any freebies you receive are just gravy.

GOKATS
Golden Bobcat

Post by GOKATS » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:12 pm

(Steps off soapbox now)
Screw the food (but it's a plus), I'd love to have a 10% discount at the bookstore (and I'm not buying books) and UAS. I could cover that 25 bucks in a heartbeat. I'd think the discount on books alone would pretty much cover it for a student.

FTG!!
[quote="GrizinWashington"]The Griz suck.
[quote=" tampa_griz"] (because China isn't a part of "Asia") .....

longhorn_22
Golden Bobcat

Post by longhorn_22 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 12:51 am

GOKATS wrote:

(Steps off soapbox now)
Screw the food (but it's a plus), I'd love to have a 10% discount at the bookstore (and I'm not buying books) and UAS. I could cover that 25 bucks in a heartbeat. I'd think the discount on books alone would pretty much cover it for a student.
The 10% is good, but you can't buy books with it.
But overall, I agree, I can pay off the 25 bucks pretty quickly.

SonomaCat

Post by SonomaCat » Tue Dec 16, 2008 4:31 pm

I see in my Bobcat Club literature that the Student Bobcat Club already has over 700 members! Way to go, students! It's great to see that many students stepping up to support MSU athletics above and beyond the mandatory fees!

KTD
New Recruit

Post by KTD » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:42 pm

2011 - I'm a freshman and I paid $30 for this and the club DOES NOT give 10% for the msu bookstore. I have received it once in all of my purchases and the people there keep giving different reasons why I CANNOT use it...complete BS :rant: . The club also has taken over a week for an email response as well. NOT worth joining and better to keep your money to actually use it.

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Sun Oct 02, 2011 3:46 pm

I'm guessing it is the people at the bookstore don't know what's going on....give hillary or josh a call in the booster office.

I'm sure either 1 will be more than happy to help you out.

thanks for joining the bobcat club so early that's really a pretty awesome thing to do....

Air Force Cat
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by Air Force Cat » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:40 pm

I join every year strictly for the Cat/griz tickets. The $25 is more than worth it to me if I am guaranteed a chance to watch that game. Could care less about the 10% discount at stores