Bobcat Fans

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Athletics here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

mchammer
BobcatNation Team Captain

Bobcat Fans

Post by mchammer » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:59 pm

MSU's track teams would appreciate your support Friday February 13 in the Fieldhouse. We will compete with Montana and Weber State in scored double duals. The meet will start at 4:30 and end by 10:00. It would be great if you would sit behind us in section 209.
This will be our third home meet, and our last scored dual of the season. We will host an open meet Feb. 20, which means that non-varsity athletes get to compete with us. In our Jan. 30 home meet our men outscored UM and ISU. Our women were outscored by both teams, however.

You can be proud of our teams, because no matter the outcome, they will give it all that they have, and represent MSU with honor.

We had a good weekend at Pocatello, with several wins at the Mountain States Games. We set over 20 season best marks, and we were by far the loudest in supporting our teammates in the Dome. We cheered and applauded our competitors as well. We cleaned our area in the stands, and the bus when we arrived back at MSU. We're a great team in a great sport.
We've even got a two time DI NCAA Champion, Ellie Rudy.

Mike Carignan

BradB3030
BobcatNation Redshirt

Re: Bobcat Fans

Post by BradB3030 » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:27 pm

I just want to say this. I was at the meet a couple weeks ago, and the Bobcat team spirit is perfect, coach. It reminds me a lot of Friday afternoon at NAU at the 2005 Outdoor BSC meet when Casey and Tony were running. That kind of passion makes me proud, and it means a lot to me to see it as strong as it is. I don't know how the BSC point projections look, but this looks like a pretty special group.

Bobcat Track & Field 2002-2006
Big Sky Champs 2005 Outdoor

mchammer
BobcatNation Team Captain

Re: Bobcat Fans

Post by mchammer » Thu Feb 12, 2009 1:56 pm

Thanks Brad. They were just joking when they booed your foot foul call during the triple jump. Coach Kennedy got on them quick. But they are a great group, no doubt. If you were to score out the BSC based on the performance list, NAU leads the men with a comfortable margin, followed by Weber then us. EWU comes next 14 points below us. This ought to surprise some who picked us 6th. On the women's side, Weber leads and we are 5th. Of course a lot can happen in the next few weeks.

For tomorrow's meet, our men should win both duals, but it will be close with UM. Weber has not entered to win. On the women's side we should outscore Weber, but not UM, although we should keep it close. Some coaches point out that they don't care about dual scores, but we do. We care about everything.

Mike