Treatment yesterday?

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

football fan 0120
BobcatNation Redshirt

Treatment yesterday?

Post by football fan 0120 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:26 pm

After the game yesterday, I observed what appeared to be a mid 30 Griz fan walking with a bloody lip. It sounded like his dad said something to the effect "I told you to keep your Mouth shut". Both appeared rather drunk. Did any of you attending the game see or experience Griz fans with over the top bad behavior? IE. heckled, spit on, tripped, damage to vehicles.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Re: Treatment yesterday?

Post by coloradocat » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:34 pm

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

bobcatfan123
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by bobcatfan123 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:42 pm

Nope. Everyone treated us well all game. Offered free beer and food in the tailgating area. Didn’t have a bad experience other than the outcome.

91catAlum
Golden Bobcat

Post by 91catAlum » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:15 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 2:34 pm
:lol:

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Sun Nov 19, 2023 3:48 pm

I wasn't there but did talk with a buddy who said that he had no problems at all with any of the gris fans. He even got into the stadium in a timely manner so evidently the head usher grizfan7 was on top of all the issues there have been in the past at Wa-gris stadium.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

damnyoutuesday
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by damnyoutuesday » Sun Nov 19, 2023 4:05 pm

Everyone was super chill yesterday. Griz fans were very welcoming, and the ones around me in 115 were fun to talk to

BFcatfan

Post by BFcatfan » Sun Nov 19, 2023 6:19 pm

My wife and I had zero issues. Everyone we came in contact with was pleasant. We did not go out to eat or for drinks afterwards which is where some of our issues have been in the past. Had a VRBO, headed straight there and chilled.

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:44 pm

Same here, all good. A group of younger drunk fans yelled at us on the way out of the stadium, go home Bobpussies, aren’t you glad you paid hundreds of dollars for that ass kicking, etc… but that is tame compared to the past, I have no problem with that.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

RubyCat1
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RubyCat1 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:52 pm

I was in 125 with my 10 yr old son. Everyone in our immediate area was very gracious. Made my boy not feel so bad about the beatdown we took. Only complaint was the lady about 10 seats down that yelled " That's another fire ball first down" with multiple other words......and took a shot. You can imagine the shape she was in........they had A LOT of first downs.

BFcatfan

Post by BFcatfan » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:20 pm

RubyCat1 wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2023 7:52 pm
I was in 125 with my 10 yr old son. Everyone in our immediate area was very gracious. Made my boy not feel so bad about the beatdown we took. Only complaint was the lady about 10 seats down that yelled " That's another fire ball first down" with multiple other words......and took a shot. You can imagine the shape she was in........they had A LOT of first downs.
🤣🤣 =D^ That is hilarious..maybe without the adjectives.

With success comes attention, with attention comes cockiness, with cockiness comes arrogance, with arrogance comes rudeness...and they wonder why I hate the Griz ! FTG

The MICKSTER
Honorable Mention All-BobcatNation

Post by The MICKSTER » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:39 pm

That was the 3rd straight CAT-gris game I’ve been to in Missoula, I can say that the encounters I’ve had with gris fans at games in wa-gris have made me think more highly of gris fans.....respectful to me, boisterous for their team and not obnoxious, with very few exceptions. The only negative I observed consistently is that a significant percentage of them bitch about any call against their team.....and I mean ANY call.

Catfanatic84
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catfanatic84 » Sun Nov 19, 2023 8:43 pm

My experience was very good....fans were friendly and welcoming....sat next to some Griz fans who we bantered back and forth with...it was a good time.....hats off to griz nation for being gracious.

Norsky19
BobcatNation Letterman

Post by Norsky19 » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:43 am

I was in my car trying to get out of the parking lot when a griz fan walked by our car holding his face with blood pouring out of his mouth, I would be surprised if a Bobcat fan did that....more likely he was being a dick at a tailgate and got popped. Guy walking with him was shaking his head when I got eye contact...like saying his buddy was a dumbass.. No one said boo to me with my Cat gear on, but the look on my face had to be a deterrent.

RangeRider
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by RangeRider » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:53 am

Chiming in here - 7th time attending Cat-gris in Missoula and outside of one minor issue in 2016, we've always had a good time. This year seemed to be one of the best. Sure saw lots of blue and gold around the tailgates, but less so in the game. Other than the outcome of the game, we were treated well were happy we attended again.

Bocephus
1st Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Bocephus » Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:57 am

Glad to here these stories, social media had me losing faith in the state of the rivalry.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Nov 20, 2023 10:26 am

Bocephus wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2023 9:57 am
Glad to here these stories, social media had me losing faith in the state of the rivalry.
It’s good to remember that Twitter/BN/eGriz/whatever employ a vocal minority. 99% of both fanbases are great. 1% are belligerent (ahem) morons.