Fall Camp

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Fall Camp

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 11, 2024 1:20 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fall Camp

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:18 am

Getting close to Fall camp, a little over a week away.

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

ilovethecats
Golden Bobcat

Post by ilovethecats » Wed Jul 17, 2024 10:40 am

Some big dudes

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:59 am

Am I going blind or is Tommy not in either picture?

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

D-Wreck
BobcatNation Team Captain

Post by D-Wreck » Wed Jul 17, 2024 12:16 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Wed Jul 17, 2024 11:59 am
Am I going blind or is Tommy not in either picture?
I heard from my uncle's second cousin's Town Pump clerk that he's transferring to TCU. /s

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 18, 2024 2:08 pm

asstastic

Post by asstastic » Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:11 pm

Paul Brat is not small.

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-5-0

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:18 pm

asstastic wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:11 pm
Paul Brat is not small.
Brott

asstastic

Post by asstastic » Thu Jul 18, 2024 4:22 pm

I know. I was also being funny and calling him a bratwurst. Names are touchy around here.

All 3 brothers have played here and they’re still getting it wrong?! At least Troy Andersun moved on, right?

Punchin Griz fans in the mouth since 2002 [-o<

#RTD

19-5-0

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Fri Jul 19, 2024 1:13 pm

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Jul 24, 2024 10:46 pm

VIGEN SZN
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by VIGEN SZN » Thu Jul 25, 2024 8:39 am

Apologies if posted elsewhere, but any word on the Fall Camp practice/scrimmage schedule?

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:59 am

Camo_Cat
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Camo_Cat » Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:27 am

It feels like the way last season ended will have a HUGE impact on how the team performs this season. Guys have mentioned several times in interviews. Not just the loss to NDSU, but you could feel it several games prior to that. The team seemed to have lost its mojo. A slow start in Moscow that ended in a comeback that fell just short. A complete no-show in Missoula. A game against the Bison which the Bobcats seemingly controlled most of the game only to lose in the final few minutes and OT. Three losses in the final five games was not what they were looking for, nor expecting.

So, the question remains: does that motivate this team, which is full of already decorated seniors, to put that in the past and move forward towards the goal, or does that mediocrity from last season carry over to this season, kind of like it did under the final couple years under Coach Ash? You can say you've put last season behind you, but I think the team will use that as fire in their bellies. Starting with fall camp, it's time to put the foot on the accelerator and never let off...ever.

"I love Bozeman. I love these people. I love the Cats. I even love this weather. You think I'm gonna pick Missoula? You're crazy - gimme the Cat head!!" -- Lee Corso, ESPN GameDay

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:33 am

AFCAT wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 9:59 am
I like the mentality!

luckyirishguy25
Golden Bobcat

Post by luckyirishguy25 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:35 am

Camo_Cat wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:27 am
It feels like the way last season ended will have a HUGE impact on how the team performs this season. Guys have mentioned several times in interviews. Not just the loss to NDSU, but you could feel it several games prior to that. The team seemed to have lost its mojo. A slow start in Moscow that ended in a comeback that fell just short. A complete no-show in Missoula. A game against the Bison which the Bobcats seemingly controlled most of the game only to lose in the final few minutes and OT. Three losses in the final five games was not what they were looking for, nor expecting.

So, the question remains: does that motivate this team, which is full of already decorated seniors, to put that in the past and move forward towards the goal, or does that mediocrity from last season carry over to this season, kind of like it did under the final couple years under Coach Ash? You can say you've put last season behind you, but I think the team will use that as fire in their bellies. Starting with fall camp, it's time to put the foot on the accelerator and never let off...ever.
Another Mediocre season should put Vigen in the hot seat. This year's recruiting seems to be phenomenal though, I'd like to know whose in the recruiting office kicking ass.

Monymony
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by Monymony » Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:46 am

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 11:35 am
Camo_Cat wrote:

Another Mediocre season should put Vigen in the hot seat. This year's recruiting seems to be phenomenal though, I'd like to know whose in the recruiting office kicking ass.
Graysen Schneider :wink:

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:30 pm

luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:

Last year was mediocre? We were one of the final 16 teams playing, lost by 1 to a SF team, and should have won that game. We definitely could have beat USD and been in the SFs if we'd played a little differently against NDSU. We played some poor games, but the 6 seed and a crappy ending to the 2nd round game is far from mediocre.

kennethnoisewater
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by kennethnoisewater » Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:35 pm

BleedingBLue wrote:
Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:30 pm
luckyirishguy25 wrote:
Camo_Cat wrote:

Last year was mediocre? We were one of the final 16 teams playing, lost by 1 to a SF team, and should have won that game. We definitely could have beat USD and been in the SFs if we'd played a little differently against NDSU. We played some poor games, but the 6 seed and a crappy ending to the 2nd round game is far from mediocre.
Compared to the rest of the FCS it was a very good season. Compared to expectations, I think it's fair to say it was mediocre. Or at least the last few games were. That good start got the Cats a 6 seed. I don't think Vigen should be on the hot seat right now AT ALL, because things happen. But this is a program that quite frankly needs to be in the top 8 at the very least every year, IMO.

MSU01
Golden Bobcat

Post by MSU01 » Thu Jul 25, 2024 12:43 pm

LOL, Vigen will absolutely not be on the "hot seat" after this season unless it's a complete disaster and the Bobcats are well under 500. High expectations are fine but let's be realistic here, he has won a ton of games and by all accounts is doing a great job of recruiting and building the program for long-term success instead of over-relying on transfer portal quick fixes.