Fall Camp

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fall Camp

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:24 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:24 pm

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

Common Cat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Common Cat » Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:04 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 1:24 pm
Defense going to be different this year. Love watching these. Love how they talk about Coach Daly.

@rfoley77 @rrcatcast Golden Coolie

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:59 pm

Common Cat wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:04 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Defense going to be different this year. Love watching these. Love how they talk about Coach Daly.
As the resident Texan he isn't lying those fellas are built different. I will say he must not have seen, but jhase caught and beat Andrew in high school lolol. I think he just don't want to give credit to youngster lololol. On a serious note it's good to hear an aggressive style of play is forthcoming.

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing a common theme of everyone saying daly is the DC and there isn't much talk about Howe as being the co-dc. I played in a 4-2-5 in college and I coached it when I was coaching hs. Typically when you have co-dcs one calls the front the other calls the back end. The beautiful thing about the 4-2-5 or nickel defense is that the front and back are separate and aren't necessarily tied to each other with the exception for your blitz packages. Daly and howe are front guys so this seems a bit odd to have co-dcs that coach the same portion of the field. I don't question either of the men and their acumen, just different than what you typically see.

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:41 pm

BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 2:59 pm
Common Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:
As the resident Texan he isn't lying those fellas are built different. I will say he must not have seen, but jhase caught and beat Andrew in high school lolol. I think he just don't want to give credit to youngster lololol. On a serious note it's good to hear an aggressive style of play is forthcoming.

Is it just me or is anyone else seeing a common theme of everyone saying daly is the DC and there isn't much talk about Howe as being the co-dc. I played in a 4-2-5 in college and I coached it when I was coaching hs. Typically when you have co-dcs one calls the front the other calls the back end. The beautiful thing about the 4-2-5 or nickel defense is that the front and back are separate and aren't necessarily tied to each other with the exception for your blitz packages. Daly and howe are front guys so this seems a bit odd to have co-dcs that coach the same portion of the field. I don't question either of the men and their acumen, just different than what you typically see.
Daly is the DC (and also Asst. HC) and Howe is the Co-DC. In reality Daly is in charge and Howe got a title/pay bump. Very common, especially at the FCS level where you don't have essentially unlimited funds and unlimited coaches.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:10 pm

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:11 pm

BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Howe is the DL guy, Daly LBs.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:16 pm

coloradocat wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 4:41 pm
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Daly is the DC (and also Asst. HC) and Howe is the Co-DC. In reality Daly is in charge and Howe got a title/pay bump. Very common, especially at the FCS level where you don't have essentially unlimited funds and unlimited coaches.

my statement stems from there were some concerns about them co-existing and how that could effect the defense. it seems that there is a more "community" approach to the defense. each coach has a skill set and knowledge base and when that is fostered and tapped into those defenses were the best i was a part of. it seems like that is what is going on here. excited to see the new look same defense.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:19 pm

BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:16 pm
coloradocat wrote:
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

my statement stems from there were some concerns about them co-existing and how that could effect the defense. it seems that there is a more "community" approach to the defense. each coach has a skill set and knowledge base and when that is fostered and tapped into those defenses were the best i was a part of. it seems like that is what is going on here. excited to see the new look same defense.
I think they learned what not to do together so there’s a synergy between them.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:24 pm

TomCat88 wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:19 pm
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:16 pm
coloradocat wrote:
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

I think they learned what not to do together so there’s a synergy between them.
it sounds like it...nothing like your word being valued when you're coaching

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Mon Aug 05, 2024 5:50 pm

A sign of life in the placekicking game…
From MSU:
The progress made by place kicker Casey Kautzman has caught Vigen's attention. "Casey Kautzman in particular coming back, I think we've felt his progress through the course of the year has been significant," the fourth-year head coach said. "His consistency is where I think he was off the mark during the fall, and he got thrust in that position, but fast forward to now and we really like the consistency part of what he's doing. That doesn't mean the job is his necessarily, but he's the first guy that we should speak to."

toM StUber

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:26 pm

I tell ya, the young men have nothing but good things to say about ol Willie Mack.

;)

Catsrgrood
2nd Team All-BobcatNation

Post by Catsrgrood » Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:45 pm

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 8:26 pm
I tell ya, the young men have nothing but good things to say about ol Willie Mack.

;)
What’s done is done, but if it was really that bad, it’s disappointing he was here for as long as he was.

We all had our thoughts as fans on this board about him, but it’s sounding more and more like he was just as well liked behind closed doors too.

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:04 pm

BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Couldn’t you just ask your kid what the coaches are like?

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:17 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2024 9:04 pm
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Well being that my kid doesn't play for the school it would be hard to do that. I've stated before that there are some kids that I have become a fan of in high school and are wanting to follow them in college to see their progress. Also nothing I posted had any reference to what the coaches were like.

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:45 am

BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:17 am
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Well being that my kid doesn't play for the school it would be hard to do that. I've stated before that there are some kids that I have become a fan of in high school and are wanting to follow them in college to see their progress. Also, nothing I posted had any reference to what the coaches were like.
The fact McMillan is being talked about by other corners so soon in his career is impressive in itself. I have a hard time believing there's anyone as fast as he is on the team. I think Jhase would be a serious contender to win the BSC 100 and 200 during track if he ran track.

toM StUber

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:56 am

BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

Well being that my kid doesn't play for the school it would be hard to do that. I've stated before that there are some kids that I have become a fan of in high school and are wanting to follow them in college to see their progress. Also nothing I posted had any reference to what the coaches were like.
My apologies. I thought it sure seemed like Jhase was your kid.

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Tue Aug 06, 2024 9:00 am

BelligerentBobcat wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 6:56 am
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
BelligerentBobcat wrote:
BobcatBuiltTexan wrote:
Common Cat wrote:
AFCAT wrote:

My apologies. I thought it sure seemed like Jhase was your kid.
Nope saw him in high school and became a fan.

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:29 am

The two kickers they are trying out are in one of the photos.

Hawks86
Golden Bobcat

Post by Hawks86 » Tue Aug 06, 2024 12:35 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2024 11:29 am
The two kickers they are trying out are in one of the photos.

Kai Golan and George Vezina.

"I'm a Bobcat forever its in my soul..."