Fall Camp

Discuss anything and everything relating to Bobcat Football here.

Moderators: rtb, kmax, SonomaCat

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Re: Fall Camp

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:31 pm

iaafan wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:25 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:03 am
lol... classic Baby Huck ripping into the reporter - hilarious!
Are you referring to the part where he was saying, you want me to evaluate our coach in the newspaper?

If so, yeah that was really weird. Seems like a very mundane question. I don’t think the reporter was asking Hauk to go into a deep dive on it.
Ya, starts at the 5:15 mark if people want to watch it because it is friggin hilarious lol.

Great time to be a BOBCAT!

coloradocat
Golden Bobcat

Post by coloradocat » Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:45 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:31 pm
iaafan wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:25 pm
catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 11:03 am
lol... classic Baby Huck ripping into the reporter - hilarious!
Are you referring to the part where he was saying, you want me to evaluate our coach in the newspaper?

If so, yeah that was really weird. Seems like a very mundane question. I don’t think the reporter was asking Hauk to go into a deep dive on it.
Ya, starts at the 5:15 mark if people want to watch it because it is friggin hilarious lol.
He easily could have just given the answer from the second question as his answer to the first one without jumping on the reporter.

Eastwood, did not make it. Ball out! Recovered, by Montana State!! The Bobcats hold!!! The Bobcats hold!!!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:47 pm

QB Club https://www.msubqc.org
Bobcat Collective https://linktr.ee/thebobcatcollective
“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:48 pm

“In the military, they teach you the best time to attack your enemy is nighttime and bad weather. We’ve got f—ing both!” — Devin Slaughter

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Aug 14, 2024 1:50 pm

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:14 pm

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:16 pm

wbtfg
Golden Bobcat

Post by wbtfg » Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:57 pm

AFCAT wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:16 pm
That’s awesome! Great crew

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 14, 2024 6:37 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:57 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Ya, that is super cool!

CodyCat
Member # Retired

Post by CodyCat » Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:54 pm

So, is Fall Camp done?

Hating the griz since 02.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:27 pm

CodyCat wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 7:54 pm
So, is Fall Camp done?
Well I don't know exactly when or if they switch over from "Fall Camp" to "Game Prep" for UNM, but I know there's a scrimmage on Saturday. In my simple mind I call it all Fall Camp until kickoff against UNM.

BleedingBLue
Golden Bobcat

Post by BleedingBLue » Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:07 pm

catatac wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 8:27 pm
CodyCat wrote:
So, is Fall Camp done?
Well I don't know exactly when or if they switch over from "Fall Camp" to "Game Prep" for UNM, but I know there's a scrimmage on Saturday. In my simple mind I call it all Fall Camp until kickoff against UNM.
I believe next week is game prep, so regular practice and install I think.

BobcatBuiltTexan
BobcatNation Redshirt

Post by BobcatBuiltTexan » Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:10 pm

CodyCat wrote:
So, is Fall Camp done?
Coach vigen said that this week they were supposed to start working on unm and teaching the scout team how to be scout team. If I'm not mistaken he said they start true unm prep Tuesday. I'm pretty sure the scrimmage this weekend will be finalization of a few starting spots, verifying who the actual backups are going to be, and who will be their ST guys.

Typically fall camp is "done" Sunday of the week of the first game. Ideally coaches like to have spots verified and solidified then so when they begin their gameplan they know who is playing what and are building the gameplan around not only scheme but what each player can do. If not you're building a GP based on unknowns or building multiple GPs to try to take advantage of certain players ability sets. For example defensively you may have one set of cbs that are better at zone and another that are better at man, so you have to build coverages around both sets as opposed to having solid 1s and this is what we're going to do based on what they do well.

Joe Bobcat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by Joe Bobcat » Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:28 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:14 pm
Nice article Tom, it's nice to read about which players are looking like they will be stepping into the limelight and getting more playing time with the new season.

I have one bit of constructive criticism I would give. With an article that is introducing so many new players and players that have hardly seen the field before I believe it would've been a valuable piece of information if you had given the jersey number for the players you wrote about. Doing so would give your readers a heads up and helping hand at making a name to number connection. As it is you only gave us one player's number, Bryce Grebe number 10, all of the other players numbers we're on our own to learn.

If you're looking for someone with a little authority, I'm your man. I have as little as anyone!

AFCAT
Golden Bobcat

Post by AFCAT » Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:50 pm

lutecat
BobcatNation Hall of Famer

Post by lutecat » Wed Aug 14, 2024 10:14 pm

wbtfg wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:57 pm
AFCAT wrote:
Crews....... 😆

TomCat88
Golden Bobcat

Post by TomCat88 » Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:01 am

Joe Bobcat wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 9:28 pm
Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Wed Aug 14, 2024 3:14 pm
Nice article Tom, it's nice to read about which players are looking like they will be stepping into the limelight and getting more playing time with the new season.

I have one bit of constructive criticism I would give. With an article that is introducing so many new players and players that have hardly seen the field before I believe it would've been a valuable piece of information if you had given the jersey number for the players you wrote about. Doing so would give your readers a heads up and helping hand at making a name to number connection. As it is you only gave us one player's number, Bryce Grebe number 10, all of the other players numbers we're on our own to learn.
Thanks. Yes, it’s tough getting to know the numbers of the players. I was just thinking about this the other day because I was at a practice and continually had to ask who is ##? I used to have an excel spreadsheet with the depth chart with number, name and year in school. So when I got home I built a new one. That helps because I keep updating as the season goes along and eventually I have a good handle on it by the third game or so after lots of repetitive use of it.

MSU - 16 team National Champions (most recent 2024); 57 individual National Champions (most recent 2023).
toM StUber

Colter_Nuanez
Golden Bobcat

Post by Colter_Nuanez » Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:19 am

BelligerentBobcat
Member # Retired

Post by BelligerentBobcat » Thu Aug 15, 2024 7:13 pm

Colter_Nuanez wrote:
Thu Aug 15, 2024 11:19 am
Really happy to hear Vigen say that they know the passing game on offense hasn’t been up to snuff, and that they’ve been working on it a lot. Liked hearing that they’ve made it an emphasis for Tommy to just take what’s there, make the 5 yard pass and let the receiver get another 5 yards. Thought it was fairly significant that he said the majority of Tommy’s explosive plays come from outside the pocket, not designed runs and that’s essentially how he wants to keep it.

I’ll admit that I could have misinterpreted it, but I very much got the vibe that Vigen didn’t like the 2 QB system, but they did it because they had two good QB’s and it was their best option. I’m also not sold they think Polidore can stay healthy.

catatac
Golden Bobcat

Post by catatac » Thu Aug 15, 2024 8:18 pm

Great interview! I would pay money to see Colter ask Bobby during his next interview... "Zach Crews is starting to shine over there at MSU and it looks like he could make a real impact for them this year and moving forward. What are your thoughts on that and do you wish you could have kept him here at UM?. LOL